For our outpatient facility for alcohol and drug addiction care in Madrid, Spain, we are looking for a part-time (in the future this could grow), Social Worker, to complement and support our professional and passionate team.
Triora Spain, network of alcohol and drug addiction care clinics positioned in strategic regions of Spain, servicing local and international clients.
Triora is part of Parnassia Groep, the Netherlands’ largest provider of mental health care, with a 400-year history. The group’s mission is to provide professional and respectful help to people suffering from addiction and psychological problems.
Essential functions and competencies
- The social worker provides vital help, support and guidance to people with social problems. They empower the service users they work with to overcome adversity and make important life choices.
- The social worker provides support for families, psycho-educate families and advise in relation to housing, finance and supports.
- The social worker can function as an addiction counsellor in which case the following results are to be expected:
a. The addiction counsellor provides addiction counselling and support to individuals, groups and families according to the Triora Counselling guidelines, and under the supervision of the Head of Therapy.
b. Prepares the draft treatment plan under supervision of the psychiatrist.
c. Evaluates the treatment plan according to the Triora Counselling Guidelines and presents the evaluation to the multidisciplinary team.
d. Provides psycho-education to patients and families.
e. Coordinates the care around the patients as determined in the multidisciplinary team meeting and determined by the psychiatrist.
f. Prepares and assists patients in developing personal relapse prevention plans.
g. Liaise with community agencies and supports
h. Complete treatment centre referrals
i. Complete Admission and Discharge Criteria and Assessment Tools (ADAT)
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of crisis management and the impact of trauma on mental health and addiction issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, behaviour of patients in group therapies and treatment events; writing summaries in patient files.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing education, educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Enhances the organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Required Education and Experience
- Masters level (or equivalent) qualification in social work.
- Registration as a social worker by the board of the country where work is carried out (if applicable in that country).
- Is up to date in own knowledge and new scientific developments in own field as well as the addiction field in general.
- Fluency in English (written, oral, writing an comprehension).
Please respond to Laura Vaquer, HRM Manager Triora Spain, with a motivational letter and a CV. Please send in via HR@triora.es